So usually this time of year there’s a nice white layer of snow that has to be swept off our Moretown Artisans Sale road signs and shoveled from the entrances to the show. Usually I’m wearing wool socks and have to take off my mittens to hang the outside decorations in front of the school. And usually the idea of hot cider being served during the event makes me warm and cozy just thinking about it.
But not this year.
No, this year, the green grass, while frosty perhaps, still seems really out of place underneath our road signs and I haven’t even dug up my winter clothes yet. I still plan to have hot cider during the show, but I’m considering having cold cider too, which would be a first!
But weather aside, it’s that time of year again! The Moretown Artisans Sale is THIS WEEKEND, Saturday, December 12 & Sunday the 13th. And since we can’t fight the weather, we may as well roll with it. So we present to you the Hottest Reasons to Come to the Moretown Artisans Sale! (Please check out our schedule for complete details on timing.)
Hottest Reasons to Come to the Moretown Artisans Sale!
- Get All Your Holiday Shopping Done We have over 24 artists with a huge variety of incredible gifts for everyone you can possibly think of! Big gifts and small, things for the kids, the parents, the siblings, the foodies, the outdoorsy types, the beer lovers, the trend setters, and so much more. See our complete artists line up here.
- Take the best photo with Santa EVER! We will have a FREE PHOTOBOOTH on Saturday from 11am-3pm, complete with fun festive props so you can take get really playful with your photos! Plus Santa will be here from 11:30am-1pm to photobomb the heck out of your images! Talk about ho, ho, HO!
- Listen to the next up and coming music-talents On Sunday we will have live music from Blondie & the Banjo Kid – a sister-brother act from Warren, you will have to see (and hear) it to believe how good these kids are! DJ Satta Sound will close the show on Sunday so you can end your holiday shopping to a really sweet rhythm.
- Win/Win Our super popular Raffle and Silent Auction is back! Last year we raised $1000 for Hannah’s House and we are hoping to beat that this year. There will be over 30 incredible items from artwork to ski tickets, gift baskets, gift certificates and even a CASE OF BEER! See our Auction page for more details, including how to buy your raffle tickets for a discounted rate RIGHT NOW and also how to get a FREE raffle ticket!
- Fill Your Belly Delicious local food will be at your fingertips all weekend. Fiddlehead Cuisine will be serving food on Saturday and Graces Tamales will be with us on Sunday. Plus the Moretown PTN has teamed up with American Flatbread and will have pizza by the slice or the pie both days.
- Keep it Local We are so lucky to live in this wonderful community! Nothing helps keep our community strong like shopping locally. Did you know that for every $100 spent at a locally-owned business, $73 remains in the local economy, and only $27 leaves? Compare that to the same $100 spent at a non-locally owned business, where $43 remains in the local economy and $57 leaves. That means while something might seem cheaper at Walmart, you actually sending twice as much money out of the state by shopping at places like that! For more reasons to shop local, check out this link. Otherwise, SEE YOU THIS WEEKEND!