The 2016 Moretown Artisans’ Sale will take place Saturday December 10, 10am to 4pm and Sunday December 11, 11am to 4pm at the Moretown Elementary School. This marks the 12th year of our event.
In 2002 a collective of Moretown Artists wanted to have an art sale right here in the village featuring artwork created in the 05660. And so on the second weekend in December, the inaugural Moretown Artisans’ Sale took place in the Moretown Town Hall. In 2008 the MAS was added under the organizing umbrella of Meg’s Events. In 2011 after Irene flooded the village, the event relocated to the Moretown Elementary School where we’ve been ever since.
Today the Moretown Artisans’ Sale has become a circle-on-your-calendar type of event, featuring a wide variety of artwork from artists residing in Moretown, the Mad River Valley and Vermont. With locally crafted gift ideas like jewelry, clothing, fine art, health & beauty products, gourmet foods and more, there’s something for everyone on your list.
Also featured at the event is a FREE Holiday photo Booth with festive props and a visit from Santa on Saturday. On Sunday we have live local music from students and professionals. Both days also have delicious local food and a silent auction and raffle benefiting Hannah’s House.
The event is family friendly and there is plenty of convenient parking.
Have a look at some photos from 2008-2013 Moretown Artisans Sales:
Why shop at Moretown Artisans’ Sale?
- It’s Local The Moretown Elementary School is right in Moretown Village, it’s super easy to get to and there is plenty of parking.
- It’s Efficient With all these artistic, cool and talented vendors, you can get gifts for everyone on your list in one stop.
- It’s Practical All these vendors are Vermonters. You’re supporting local Vermont businesses -instead of some Big Box Store Corporation – with every purchase. This has never mattered more!
- It’s Fun Saturday will feature live music from local students and professionals from 10am-3pm. Let’s face it, everything is more fun with live music!
- It’s Helpful This year we will have a raffle and an auction to benefit Hannah’s House and their mission to help families of young adults who are, or have been, in emotional crisis find a sustainable path to emotional well being through the exploration of alternative ways of thinking and relating, and to provide tools of prevention for growing families.
- It’s Family Friendly The kids probably know this place better than you do! And they will love to see everyone’s favorite jolly fat man, SANTA! Sunday 12-2. FREE, donations to the Wet Paint Fund accepted. So don’t forget your camera!