Our Plans for This Year
The 2021 Moretown Artisans’ Sale will take place In-Person and ONLINE!! We will require all attendees and artists to wear masks at our in-person event. This way we can ensure everyone can shop in safety – whether in-person or in the convenience of their homes – and still support our area’s local artists. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
In 2002 a collective of Moretown Artists wanted to have an art sale right here in the village featuring artwork created in the 05660. And so on the second weekend in December, the inaugural Moretown Artisans’ Sale took place in the Moretown Town Hall. In 2008 the MAS was added under the organizing umbrella of Meg’s Events. In 2011 after Irene flooded the village, the event relocated to the Moretown Elementary School where we’ve been ever since.
Fast forward to now, and the Moretown Artisans’ Sale has become a circle-on-your-calendar type of event, featuring a wide variety of artwork from artists residing in Moretown, the Mad River Valley and Vermont. With locally crafted gift ideas like jewelry, clothing, fine art, health & beauty products, gourmet foods and more, there’s something for everyone on your list.
This year, due to COVID, we will not have supplemental entertainment. Usually we’d featured a FREE Holiday Photo Booth with festive props and a visit from Santa on Saturday and on Sunday we’d have live local music from students and professionals.
We will hold our annual silent auction and raffle, this year benefiting our new partner, the Moretown PTO!
The event is family friendly and there is plenty of convenient parking.
Why shop at Moretown Artisans’ Sale?
- It’s Local The Moretown Elementary School is right in Moretown Village, it’s super easy to get to and there is plenty of parking.
- It’s Efficient With all these artistic, cool and talented vendors, you can get gifts for everyone on your list in one stop.
- It’s Practical All these vendors are Vermonters. You’re supporting local Vermont businesses -instead of some Big Box Store Corporation – with every purchase. This has never mattered more!
- It’s Fun Saturday we will feature live music from local students and professionals because, let’s face it, everything is more fun with live music!
- It’s Helpful This year we will have a raffle and an auction to benefit The Moretown PTO and their mission to provide important out-of classroom educational experiences for area students.
- It’s Family Friendly The kids probably know this place better than you do! And they will love to see everyone’s favorite jolly fat man, SANTA! Sunday 11:30-1 in our FREE Photo Booth!
Have a look at some photos from 2008-2013 Moretown Artisans Sales: