“Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life.” ~ Pablo Picasso
Let’s face it: shopping is so much more fun when you know you’re supporting a really great local business or organization. That’s why shopping at the Moretown Artisans’ Sale is so fantastic – all of our artists, musicians and food vendors are all Vermonters working hard to create beautiful things that will make you smile.
But in addition to all the great local art, awesome music and tasty food, we will also have a silent auction and raffle which will benefit Hannah’s House Inc, an incredible local organization with a very important mission: providing families dealing with emotional crises find a sustainable path to emotional well being.
Anyone who was around here last year knows about the Irene flood and the damage it did locally. While visually and physically the signs of the flood are now mainly repaired, the mental and emotional toll is still lingering for many. This is just one of the many ways that Hannah’s House employs their mission, providing assorted therapies and tools to help people overcome their struggles. As a non-profit, they rely on grants and donations to fund their programs. Since the name sake of this organization, Hannah Bedford was herself an incredibly gifted artist, it seemed only fitting that the Moretown Artisans’ Sale could help out a little!
Below is a list of our artists and their donations to the auction and raffle. Raffle tickets will be $1each. Bidding for the Silent Auction will be from 11am on Saturday Dec. 8 until 2pm on Sunday Dec. 9. Santa will be here on Sunday from 12-2 for photos and to find out what you want under the tree. Then he will help us with the raffle at 2pm! We ask that you are present to collect raffle and silent auction winnings on Sunday.
Please check out this great list* of artists donating items to the auction and thanks in advance for bidding generously!
We are still accepting donations to our auction and raffle. If you would like to contribute something to help raise money for Hannah’s House, please contact email@example.com. You can also donate directly to Hannah’s House here.
- The Tiny Tea House – Wellness Basket with all sorts of handmade healing goodness!
- Raegan Hough Metalsmith & Leatherworker – Copper hoop earrings
- Tea & Toast Designs for Heart & Home – Original Acrylic Sunflower Painting, 2’x4′
- Llama Love – Knit item, to be determined
- Loretta Languet Pottery – Pottery to be determined
- Deborah Johnson-Surwilo – Photography greeting card pack
- Broad Bandits – Belt
- Art by Alix – Framed print of original 8 x 12 watercolor. A snow scene with barns in the background.
- Cat Illustrates/Mary Hill – Cool & colorful dangly earrings made from giclee print of a watercolor, sterling ear wires and glass beads.
- E2 Creations – One-of-a-kind Ukrainian Egg ornament
- Marsh Hollow – Artisan jams
- Boone’s Fudge – Sweets!
- June Mendell – Jewelry to be determined
- Woodland Knits – Felted merino wool hat
- N3 Pottery – Plate with bird and trees
- Centimes Jewelry – Earrings
- Ornamental Stones – Horse pendant made of pure silver
- Mad Women in the Attic – Stained glass item
- Ellen Howard Handmade – Silk scarf
- DiNofrio Handbags – Clutch bag
- Montalto Pottery – Functional pottery to be determined
- Sam Made – 5×7 print
*This list is subject to change.