Once again, the Moretown Artisans Sale will host a raffle and silent auction that will benefit Hannah’s House and their mission to help families of young adults who are, or have been, in emotional crisis find a sustainable path to emotional well being through the exploration of alternative ways of thinking and relating, and to provide tools of prevention for growing families.
Plus our artist have generously donated some incredible artwork so whether you bid on a Silent Auction item or buy a ton of raffle tickets, you’ll not only be supporting a great cause, but you could take home some sweet prizes! Here’s a look at what you could score. Click here for more info about our Artists.
- Fine Art – Wait until you see the beautiful artwork donated by Amanda Ruth Clemons, Art by Anna, Cat Illustrates, Sam Made and Art by Alix.
- Jewelry – The items donated by June Mendell, Raegan Hough Metahlsmith and Leatherworker and Manny Beads will make perfect gifts for a lucky lady on your list.
- Pottery – Just in time for Hot chocolate season, you could win pottery donated by Montalto Pottery, N3 Pottery and more.
- Sweet Treats – Everyones sweet tooth will be satisfied if you win one of the items donated by Boone’s Fudge or Marsh Hollow.
- Botanticals – Get herbalicious with the gifts donated by The tiny Tea House, The Ripple Effect, Green Village Soaps and Three Sprig Farm
- Gifts for Everyone – Dinofrio Handbags, E2 Creations, Mad Women in the Attic. Llama Love, Woodland Knits and more will have gifts for everyone on your list
- Ultimate Beer-Geek Gift – We are excited to announce that we will have a killer SIPtemberfest 2014 VIP package for two! It will include entry for 2 to the 2014 event, t-shirts and more. This package will also have some extra prizes, but you’ll have to come to the show to see what they are!
Every year about this time, I start encouraging everyone to shop locally, for all sorts of very good reasons, not the least of which are so simply spelled out by this sign.
But this year, when companies like Walmart and Target announced that they will open on Thanksgiving, my stomach turned. I poetically and actually was sickened by this news. So now more than ever, I urge you all to consider where you spend your money this holiday season! Obviously the Moretown Artisans Sale is a great place to get your holiday shopping done while supporting local businesses. But there are a lots of other events and local shops you can consider this holiday season. Here are my Holiday Shopping 1-2-3 lists to help you navigate this year. Thanks for supporting local businesses!!
Favorite Art Shows:
Favorite Shops for Gifts:
- Onion River Sports – Montpelier – This is the best locally owned gear shop around. Their staff is knowledgeable and friendly, their stock is big and full of variety and their prices are competitive.
- The Store – Waitsfield – Got a foodie on your shopping list? This is the place to check out. Everything from cookware to cooking classes, you’ll find the perfect gift for the Kitchen-istas on your list
- Stowe Street Emporium – Waterbury – Cards, gifts, ornaments, you name it. The Stowe Street Emporium is full of great gifts, big and small for everyone you can think of!
Favorite Grocery Stores:
- Sunflower Natural Foods - They have an entire floor dedicated to bulk products and they carry Heady Topper. Win/Win!
- Mehuron’s Market - With a great selection produce, local foods and groceries, you can round out your visit with a stop in the liquor store in the back! One stop shopping!
- Uncommon Market - Montpelier – Avoid the lines and still get your groceries (and your wine!)
Favorite Places to Drink & Dine:
- Three Penny Taproom - Montpelier – Pair a beer from their always impressive beer selection with anything on their menu, but in particular, the burgers or the wings. Their soup is nuts too.
- Prohibition Pig - Waterbury – My absolute favorite place for a cocktail. Or two. But if you have more, be sure to eat something from their delectible menu to stay balanced!
- The Mad Taco – Waitsfield – Killer Tacos. Killer Beer. Need I say more?
Playoff Baseball is on. Halloween isn’t for a few weeks. Thanksgiving is well over a month out. But let’s start talking about the Moretown Artisans’ Sale anyway! It’s never too early to start talking about winter and Christmas, right?
We are still in the planning process and will be posting tons more info soon, but here’s what we know so far:
- The 2013 Moretown Artisans’ Sale will be December 14 & 15 at the Moretown Elementary School! As always it will feature a great selection of gifts made by some seriously talented Vermont Artists as well as live entertainment and food.
- If you are interested in having a booth, please email email@example.com for more info. Booths are very limited and they sell out quickly so if you’d like to participate, contact us right away. We can’t promise that you will get it, but the sooner you get in touch with us, the better.
- If you are a musician interested in performing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will have a variety of live performances, from kids to pros. If you’d like to be a part of our line up, let us know!
The holidays are a ways away, but it’s never too early to save the date for the best local holiday shopping sale around!
So mark down the Moretown Artisans’ Sale on your calendars for Saturday December 14 and Sunday December 15, 2013 at the Moretown Elementary School. This is ALL the info we have now.
If you are an artist interested in participating at the MAS, please email Meg at email@example.com and we will get you on our mailing list.
Thanks and cheers!
First, a big THANK YOU to all those awesome little elves who helped set up! We couldn’t have done it without you! The Moretown Elementary School’s gym has been transformed into a holiday shopping paradise! It’s stuffed with our 24+ artists – including some student artists! – all of whom have set up their booths in a festive manner, displaying their incredible talent and an array of gifts that will bring smiles to the faces of everyone on your list!
My trusty assistant Sidney
The show is open from 10am-4pm today and will feature Fiddleheads Cuisine, serving up ridiculously tasty asian inspired vegetarian food, Lisa Carlson, Flutist along with her students (from 10:30-12pm) and the Julian Chobot Trio from 1-3pm. (Santa will be here from 12-2 tomorrow!!)
Also, the Hannah’s House Silent Auction and Raffle will open today at 11am (and close tomorrow at 2pm,) and will include stunning artwork generously donated by our artists. Raffle tickets are a buck each or $10 for an arm length. Your purchase and/or bids support Hannah’s House and their mission, so it’s a major win/win!
For more information, check out the tabs on our webpage and we’ll see you soon!
It pretty much looks like Christmas exploded over here at Meg’s Events Headquarters! Over two dozen big wrapped boxes, countless tree ornaments, giant candy canes, colorful paper flags, twinkling lights and tons more. And to really tap into our inner Holly Jolly, we’ve got Pandora’s Indie Holiday station playing – a nice twist on traditional holiday music that’s more “cool” than annoying. To cap it all off we’re drinking hot mulled cider and we’ve got 25′ garlands to deck the halls with so it even smells like the holidays!
And just as bustling as it is here, our 24+ artists are equally as hard at work, each channeling their inner Santa’s Elf, putting the finishing touches on their incredible artwork. This weekend you will have the best selection of locally made quality items that everyone on your holiday shopping list will absolutely love! Check out our UPDATED ARTIST LIST as we have a couple last minute additions and please help us spread a little local fa la la by sharing our Facebook invite with your friends!
Check out our schedule for the weekend and we’ll see you soon! Cheers!
“Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life.” ~ Pablo Picasso
Let’s face it: shopping is so much more fun when you know you’re supporting a really great local business or organization. That’s why shopping at the Moretown Artisans’ Sale is so fantastic – all of our artists, musicians and food vendors are all Vermonters working hard to create beautiful things that will make you smile.
But in addition to all the great local art, awesome music and tasty food, we will also have a silent auction and raffle which will benefit Hannah’s House Inc, an incredible local organization with a very important mission: providing families dealing with emotional crises find a sustainable path to emotional well being.
Anyone who was around here last year knows about the Irene flood and the damage it did locally. While visually and physically the signs of the flood are now mainly repaired, the mental and emotional toll is still lingering for many. This is just one of the many ways that Hannah’s House employs their mission, providing assorted therapies and tools to help people overcome their struggles. As a non-profit, they rely on grants and donations to fund their programs. Since the name sake of this organization, Hannah Bedford was herself an incredibly gifted artist, it seemed only fitting that the Moretown Artisans’ Sale could help out a little!
Below is a list of our artists and their donations to the auction and raffle. Raffle tickets will be $1each. Bidding for the Silent Auction will be from 11am on Saturday Dec. 8 until 2pm on Sunday Dec. 9. Santa will be here on Sunday from 12-2 for photos and to find out what you want under the tree. Then he will help us with the raffle at 2pm! We ask that you are present to collect raffle and silent auction winnings on Sunday.
Please check out this great list* of artists donating items to the auction and thanks in advance for bidding generously!
We are still accepting donations to our auction and raffle. If you would like to contribute something to help raise money for Hannah’s House, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also donate directly to Hannah’s House here.
- The Tiny Tea House – Wellness Basket with all sorts of handmade healing goodness!
- Raegan Hough Metalsmith & Leatherworker – Copper hoop earrings
- Tea & Toast Designs for Heart & Home - Original Acrylic Sunflower Painting, 2′x4′
- Llama Love – Knit item, to be determined
- Loretta Languet Pottery – Pottery to be determined
- Deborah Johnson-Surwilo – Photography greeting card pack
- Broad Bandits – Belt
- Art by Alix – Framed print of original 8 x 12 watercolor. A snow scene with barns in the background.
- Cat Illustrates/Mary Hill – Cool & colorful dangly earrings made from giclee print of a watercolor, sterling ear wires and glass beads.
- E2 Creations – One-of-a-kind Ukrainian Egg ornament
- Marsh Hollow – Artisan jams
- Boone’s Fudge – Sweets!
- June Mendell – Jewelry to be determined
- Woodland Knits – Felted merino wool hat
- N3 Pottery – Plate with bird and trees
- Centimes Jewelry - Earrings
- Ornamental Stones – Horse pendant made of pure silver
- Mad Women in the Attic – Stained glass item
- Ellen Howard Handmade - Silk scarf
- DiNofrio Handbags – Clutch bag
- Montalto Pottery – Functional pottery to be determined
- Sam Made – 5×7 print
*This list is subject to change.