Woo hoo! The Moretown Artisans’ Sale is TODAY! Come down and check out all the amazing artists, live music, local food and more!
- Hannah’s House Silent Auction & Raffle – help support a great cause and score some incredible things! We are raffling off a pair of 2014 SIPtemberfest VIP Passes and have over 20 great items to bid on. Everything starts Saturday and ends Sunday at 2pm
- Moretown When it Rains Shirts – The last of these awesome shirts will be for sale this weekend! Sizes are limited to get them before they’re gone!
- Live Music on Saturday – Lisa Carlson will be playing flute both with her colleagues and her students from 10am-12. Local budding talent, Sadie Bolger will take the stage from 12:30-1:30. Dan Liptak and friends will cap of the day with their musical prowess.
- SANTA on Sunday – Santa will make a cameo on Sunday from 12-2 so bring the kiddos and your camera!
Check out our webpage for a complete listing of artists and a full schedule.
See you soon!
Once again, the Moretown Artisans Sale will host a raffle and silent auction that will benefit Hannah’s House and their mission to help families of young adults who are, or have been, in emotional crisis find a sustainable path to emotional well being through the exploration of alternative ways of thinking and relating, and to provide tools of prevention for growing families.
Plus our artist have generously donated some incredible artwork so whether you bid on a Silent Auction item or buy a ton of raffle tickets, you’ll not only be supporting a great cause, but you could take home some sweet prizes! Here’s a look at what you could score. Click here for more info about our Artists.
- Fine Art – Wait until you see the beautiful artwork donated by Amanda Ruth Clemons, Art by Anna, Cat Illustrates, Sam Made and Art by Alix.
- Jewelry – The items donated by June Mendell, Raegan Hough Metahlsmith and Leatherworker and Manny Beads will make perfect gifts for a lucky lady on your list.
- Pottery – Just in time for Hot chocolate season, you could win pottery donated by Montalto Pottery, N3 Pottery and more.
- Sweet Treats – Everyones sweet tooth will be satisfied if you win one of the items donated by Boone’s Fudge or Marsh Hollow.
- Botanticals – Get herbalicious with the gifts donated by The tiny Tea House, The Ripple Effect, Green Village Soaps and Three Sprig Farm
- Gifts for Everyone – Dinofrio Handbags, E2 Creations, Mad Women in the Attic. Llama Love, Woodland Knits and more will have gifts for everyone on your list
- Ultimate Beer-Geek Gift – We are excited to announce that we will have a killer SIPtemberfest 2014 VIP package for two! It will include entry for 2 to the 2014 event, t-shirts and more. This package will also have some extra prizes, but you’ll have to come to the show to see what they are!
Every year about this time, I start encouraging everyone to shop locally, for all sorts of very good reasons, not the least of which are so simply spelled out by this sign.
But this year, when companies like Walmart and Target announced that they will open on Thanksgiving, my stomach turned. I poetically and actually was sickened by this news. So now more than ever, I urge you all to consider where you spend your money this holiday season! Obviously the Moretown Artisans Sale is a great place to get your holiday shopping done while supporting local businesses. But there are a lots of other events and local shops you can consider this holiday season. Here are my Holiday Shopping 1-2-3 lists to help you navigate this year. Thanks for supporting local businesses!!
Favorite Art Shows:
Favorite Shops for Gifts:
- Onion River Sports – Montpelier – This is the best locally owned gear shop around. Their staff is knowledgeable and friendly, their stock is big and full of variety and their prices are competitive.
- The Store – Waitsfield – Got a foodie on your shopping list? This is the place to check out. Everything from cookware to cooking classes, you’ll find the perfect gift for the Kitchen-istas on your list
- Stowe Street Emporium – Waterbury – Cards, gifts, ornaments, you name it. The Stowe Street Emporium is full of great gifts, big and small for everyone you can think of!
Favorite Grocery Stores:
- Sunflower Natural Foods - They have an entire floor dedicated to bulk products and they carry Heady Topper. Win/Win!
- Mehuron’s Market - With a great selection produce, local foods and groceries, you can round out your visit with a stop in the liquor store in the back! One stop shopping!
- Uncommon Market - Montpelier – Avoid the lines and still get your groceries (and your wine!)
Favorite Places to Drink & Dine:
- Three Penny Taproom - Montpelier – Pair a beer from their always impressive beer selection with anything on their menu, but in particular, the burgers or the wings. Their soup is nuts too.
- Prohibition Pig - Waterbury – My absolute favorite place for a cocktail. Or two. But if you have more, be sure to eat something from their delectible menu to stay balanced!
- The Mad Taco – Waitsfield – Killer Tacos. Killer Beer. Need I say more?
Playoff Baseball is on. Halloween isn’t for a few weeks. Thanksgiving is well over a month out. But let’s start talking about the Moretown Artisans’ Sale anyway! It’s never too early to start talking about winter and Christmas, right?
We are still in the planning process and will be posting tons more info soon, but here’s what we know so far:
- The 2013 Moretown Artisans’ Sale will be December 14 & 15 at the Moretown Elementary School! As always it will feature a great selection of gifts made by some seriously talented Vermont Artists as well as live entertainment and food.
- If you are interested in having a booth, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. Booths are very limited and they sell out quickly so if you’d like to participate, contact us right away. We can’t promise that you will get it, but the sooner you get in touch with us, the better.
- If you are a musician interested in performing, please email email@example.com. We will have a variety of live performances, from kids to pros. If you’d like to be a part of our line up, let us know!
The holidays are a ways away, but it’s never too early to save the date for the best local holiday shopping sale around!
So mark down the Moretown Artisans’ Sale on your calendars for Saturday December 14 and Sunday December 15, 2013 at the Moretown Elementary School. This is ALL the info we have now.
If you are an artist interested in participating at the MAS, please email Meg at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you on our mailing list.
Thanks and cheers!
First, a big THANK YOU to all those awesome little elves who helped set up! We couldn’t have done it without you! The Moretown Elementary School’s gym has been transformed into a holiday shopping paradise! It’s stuffed with our 24+ artists – including some student artists! – all of whom have set up their booths in a festive manner, displaying their incredible talent and an array of gifts that will bring smiles to the faces of everyone on your list!
My trusty assistant Sidney
The show is open from 10am-4pm today and will feature Fiddleheads Cuisine, serving up ridiculously tasty asian inspired vegetarian food, Lisa Carlson, Flutist along with her students (from 10:30-12pm) and the Julian Chobot Trio from 1-3pm. (Santa will be here from 12-2 tomorrow!!)
Also, the Hannah’s House Silent Auction and Raffle will open today at 11am (and close tomorrow at 2pm,) and will include stunning artwork generously donated by our artists. Raffle tickets are a buck each or $10 for an arm length. Your purchase and/or bids support Hannah’s House and their mission, so it’s a major win/win!
For more information, check out the tabs on our webpage and we’ll see you soon!
It pretty much looks like Christmas exploded over here at Meg’s Events Headquarters! Over two dozen big wrapped boxes, countless tree ornaments, giant candy canes, colorful paper flags, twinkling lights and tons more. And to really tap into our inner Holly Jolly, we’ve got Pandora’s Indie Holiday station playing – a nice twist on traditional holiday music that’s more “cool” than annoying. To cap it all off we’re drinking hot mulled cider and we’ve got 25′ garlands to deck the halls with so it even smells like the holidays!
And just as bustling as it is here, our 24+ artists are equally as hard at work, each channeling their inner Santa’s Elf, putting the finishing touches on their incredible artwork. This weekend you will have the best selection of locally made quality items that everyone on your holiday shopping list will absolutely love! Check out our UPDATED ARTIST LIST as we have a couple last minute additions and please help us spread a little local fa la la by sharing our Facebook invite with your friends!
Check out our schedule for the weekend and we’ll see you soon! Cheers!